Friday, May 24, 2013

May 24, 2013

Hey everybody. I'm currently laid over in Washington Dulles airport while I wait for my flight to Brussels, Belgium.  My ending destination is Kigali, Rwanda, where I will be spending the next five weeks until I fly to The Hague, Netherlands (home of the International Criminal Court) for one week. During this time, I will be studying Rwandan culture, the 1994 Rwanda genocide and international criminal law.

As a journalism major, I tend to weed out the BS and this blog will probably just be a few pictures and a paragraph or so a day (depending on how much access to internet I have), just to let everyone know what I'm doing and that I'm still alive. No quirky jokes or anything like that - sorry.

I have no idea what to expect other than that I will stand out like a sore thumb - if not by my blonde hair then by my accent (which I've been told is kinda thick). This will be my first time out of the country (and my first time blogging) so wish me luck and keep in touch via facebook/email. Looking forward to telling y'all all about it when I come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment